To Schedule A Visit PLease
During The Visitation Hours Posted Below
The Will County Sheriff's Office regrets that budgetary constraints have forced the Will County Adult Detention Facility to modify the hours of operation at the Adult Detention Facility's Visitation Center.
Effective April 21, 2013, the Visitation Center will be open for visitation at 9:00 am each day, including Saturday and Sunday. The Visitation Center will close at 5:00 pm each day, with the 4:20 pm time slot being the last scheduled visit of the day. Procedures for visitors to schedule a visit with an inmate will remain the same. Please arrive at least 30 minutes prior to your scheduled visit to allow the Visitation Staff enough time to update your information.
The new schedule, while a reduction in available hours, still far exceeds the number of hours offered at area County jails and is well in compliance with both American Correctional Association Standards and Illinois County Jail Standards.
The Sheriff's Office regrets having to make this change in scheduling but the current level of budgetary funding is not adequate to continue services at the previously offered levels.
Sheriff Paul Kaupas and the staff at the Will County Adult Detention Facility understand how important it is for persons confined at the facility to maintain contact with family and friends during their stay. A liberal visitation schedule has been instituted to facilitate this. Most inmates are allowed two ( 2 ) thirty ( 30 ) minute visits each week. The inmate must provide to the facility a list of those individuals that he or she wishes to visit.
Persons wishing to visit someone who is confined at the Facility are to go to the Video Visitation Center located at 20 South Chicago Street. Map to Location ( ) - Driving Directions ( ). The Video Visitation Center is across the street from the Detention Facility.
After checking in at the Visitation Center, you will be placed in front of a visitation screen that will be connected to a visitation screen at the Detention Facility. You will be able to see the person you are visiting on a television screen and they will be able to see you. You will be able to talk with your visitor through a telephone.
- You must call the Video Visitation Center and schedule an appointment 24 to 48 hours prior to your visit.
- Inmates are eligible for visits any day of the week based on the availability of visitation booths.
- Visitation appointments are scheduled on a first come first serve basis.
- You may not schedule an appointment to visit more than 48 hours in advance.
- You must be on the inmate’s approved visitors list in order to visit.
- You must be 17 years of age or accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. Only two persons may visit an inmate at one time.
- All visitors must bring a valid ID with your current address on it. If you do not have a valid ID you will not be able to conduct your visit.
- You must have a recognized government photo identification card that shows your date of birth ( driver's license, state ID, FOID card, military ID, passport, green Matricula Consular ID ).
- You must arrive at the Video Visitation Center 15 minutes prior to your scheduled visit.
- You may not visit if you yourself have been incarcerated at the facility within the last 30 days.
- Inmates will not be allowed a visit until after their first court appearance.
- Visitors must be properly dressed and abide by posted visiting rules.
- If you are unable to make your appointment, please call the Video Visitation Center to cancel. Failure to cancel an appointment may result in your visits being restricted
If you receive a recorded message during normal scheduling hours all lines are busy please try again.
- 9:00 am until 11:00 am
- 12:00 pm until 5:00 pm (Last scheduled time slot - 4:20 pm)
To Schedule A Visit Please Call
During the Above Posted Times