Rules and Regulations - Attorney Security Pass
Attorneys licensed to practice in the State of Illinois may apply and purchase an Attorney Security Pass through the Will County Sheriff's Office. The Attorney Security Pass will allow approved attorneys access to enter the Will County Courthouse via a separate entrance.
Passes are valid for one year from the month of purchase.
To be issued a Security Pass, an attorney must:
- Complete, sign and submit the application.
- Present a valid ARDC card AND a Driver’s License or State issued ID.
- Pass a criminal background check
- Pay the required annual fee of $35.00 to the payable to the Will County Sheriff's Office. Exact change is appreciated.
Once a Security Pass is issued, the attorney must;
- Not permit any other person to use the Security Pass
- Immediately report any lost or stolen Security Pass
- Report within five (5) business days any change in status of the attorney’s standing with the bar of the State of Illinois, including but not limited to the initiation of any disciplinary proceedings.
- Report within five (5) business days any arrest for any offense other than minor traffic offenses.
- Abide by all statues, rules, regulations, and court orders, concerning the use of cell phones and other electronic devices, including but not limited to devices with photographic or recording capability, in the Courthouse, including, but not limited to Twelfth Circuit Administrative Order 09-19.
- In accordance with PUBLIC SAFETY (430 ILCS 66/) Firearm Concealed Carry Act, this card does not allow the bearer to possess a concealed weapon regardless of whether the Attorney has a concealed carry permit.
Failure to comply with any statute, rule, or order, may result in revocation of a Security Pass.
Security Passes are only valid for admittance to Will County Courthouse Facilities
Security Passes may be utilized as identification for attorney visits at the Will County Adult Detention Facility.
Court Security reserves the right to refuse admittance of any cell phone at their discretion.
Court Security reserves the right to conduct searches, including spot checks and require everyone to go through the Security Check Point.
Attorneys are able to obtain passes at the Will County Courthouse on the first floor in the Sheriff's Office. The hours of operation will be 12:30 pm - 4:00 pm, Monday through Friday ... except holidays.
The cost of the attorney pass is $35.00 payable by cash, business or firm check, as well as credit or debit cards.