If you are looking to send in an online compliment / complaint, please use the Feedback Form
Public respect for the Will County Sheriff's Office hinges on professional conduct and preservation of internal discipline. In an effort to ensure these concepts, the Sheriff's Office will respond expeditiously and responsibly to allegations of misconduct, malfeasance and nonfeasance by members and to public complaints of the department's response to community and individual needs. Allegations of member misconduct can come from a variety of sources, including but not limited to, the general public.
“THIS SHERIFF’S OFFICE SHALL ACCEPT, AND FAIRLY AND IMPARTIALLY INVESTIGATE, ALL COMPLAINTS OR ALLEGATIONS OF MISCONDUCT TO DETERMINE THEIR VALIDITY.”
(General Order No. 4.01 Citizen Complaints)
- Attempt to meet with or make arrangements to meet with the department member’s immediate supervisor. If the complaint does not concern any individual member however, instead pertains to a particular Department Policy or Procedure, request to see the Watch Commander:
Enforcement: Laraway Road Station 815-727-8573
Detention: Adult Detention Facility 815-740-1250
- If the complaint cannot be resolved by the member’s immediate supervisor, you will be asked to complete a form which, when completed, should identify the circumstances, nature, and the extent of the complaint. The “Complaint Against the Department/Member” Form requests specific information which the department needs in order to make a thorough investigation.
- Persons who initiate written complaints shall receive written acknowledgement from the Sheriff’s Office.
- The status of the investigation shall be communicated to the complainant periodically and at its conclusion.
- All investigations shall be completed within forty-five (45) days from the time the written complain is registered. Exceptions shall only be granted by the Sheriff when extenuating circumstances are present.
If you understand the above information and would like to proceed with the process of submitting a complaint, please click Yes, Proceed To The Form, otherwise if you would just like to inform us / make aware of a complaint, please click on No, Go To The Feedback Form
|YES - Proceed To The Form
|NO - Go To The Feedback Form