- Parent Category: Administration
- TRIAD and Senior Services
- Hits: 8982
TRIAD means a three - way commitment among the chief(s) of police in a county, the sheriff and older or retired leaders. They agree to work together to reduce the criminal victimization of the elderly and enhance the delivery of law enforcement services to older persons. A major purpose of a TRIAD is to develop, expand and implement effective crime prevention and education programs for older community members. Activities center on both pre - victimization (preventive) and post - victimization (victim / witness assistance) aspects.
TRIAD works to improve the quality of life for seniors. By providing an opportunity for the exchange of information between law enforcement and older persons, Triad can also focus on reducing unwarranted fear of crime.
WHAT IS TRIAD
- TRIAD is cooperation between law enforcement agencies and senior citizens
- TRIAD strives to reduce criminal victimization of older persons
- TRIAD assesses the needs and concerns of older citizens
- TRIAD leads to a broad dialogue on safety and security issues
- TRIAD is the link with elderly members of the community
- TRIAD combines common sense and imagination
- TRIAD is simple - and it works
For more information please contact: