Online Reporting Instructions
- Hits: 343
If this is an emergency, please call 911
The Will County Sheriff's Office Online Reporting System allows citizens to submit an online report for certain crimes and incidents that occur within the jurisdiction of the Will County Sheriff's Office. If you are looking to provide a crime tip, please visit our Crime Tip Form.
We strongly encourage you to be thorough and accurate when submitting the report. Please provide us with as information as you can, in a concise manner.
Make sure you have all the information you need to sumit your report:
- Who is reporting the incident ( complainant and / or victim identity )
- When and where it happened and your detailed description of the event
- What vehicle, if applicable, was involved in the incident
- What was lost, stolen, or damaged
There is a select list of incidents to which you can report online. Those are:
- Lost Article(s)
- Lost Drivers License
- Lost License Plate
- Theft Under $500
- Theft of an animal
- Identity Theft
- Credit Card / ATM Card Fraud
- Theft of Gasoline
- Harassing Phone Call
- Damage to Property ( Non-Criminal )
- Mischievous Conduct ( No dollar amount loss, no suspects, no evidence )
The Sheriff's Office will not accept an online report if:
- You have any information about a possible suspect ( person you think is guilty of the crime )
- You have physical evidence such as fingerprints, blood, etc., or a license plate number
- The incident occurred outside of the unincorporated areas of Will County
Make sure online reporting is right for your incident. There are some situations where a deputy should take the report. If you are unsure if your incident qualifies for online reporting, or if you would like to have a deputy dispatched to you, please call 815-727-8575.
Filing a false police report is a crime.
You will need a valid email address to fill out a report online.
You can sign up for a free email account at one of the following: